Saranrom Palace

Entrence to Saranrom Palace

This palace was built during the reign of King Rama IV to be given to his crown prince who later became King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) and lies to the east of the Royal Grand Palace. In 1868 King Rama V gave Saranrom Palace to his eldest brother, Prince Kroma Phra Chakrabaddibongse. Later this palace became the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where state guests were received. King Rama VI lived here until he ascended the throne when he then returned the palace to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 1926.

Octagonal Pavilion Chinese Style Shrine

Next to the Palace King Rama IV built the beautiful Saranrom Royal Garden. King Rama V made it a zoological garden with many trees and flowering plants until Dusit Zoo was built and the animals were moved there.


About | Index | Feedback | Hot Links | Travel Help | Search

Copyright ©2011 Infothai CM Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
Web site design and hosting by Infothai CM Co., Ltd.
This document was updated on:  February 28, 2017